Anglian Straw (AS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of EPR Ely Power Limited. It was formed to procure fuel supplies for Ely power station.
AS currently sources approximately 70% of the 200,000 tonnes p.a. fuel demand by contracting with individual farmers to deliver straw directly to the plant. The other 30% is baled, stored and delivered to the plant by AS. This is a prime example of the innovative approach to business of EPR. AS created a whole fuel supply infrastructure where none existed before.
AS constantly manages its procurement strategy to ensure fuel supplies are always available at the lowest possible cost.